Don’t be mistaken by the term surely. It doesn’t have any connection with wheat whatsoever! It’s actually a seed and not a grain like wheat. Roasted buckwheat groats or kasha as you might know, therefore, are also free of gluten content.
Buckwheat – A Seed Or Grain?
Buckwheat and wheat, in fact, come from different botanical families. Buckwheat seeds are technically the fruit of a plant called Fagopyrum esculentum, while wheat berries are ripe seeds from plants in genus Triticum.
Buckwheat is grown for its seeds. And although it is definitely not a grain, it is sometimes referred to as a “pseudocereal.” To process it into food, buckwheat seeds must first be removed. The residual content, namely groats is grinded into flour for consumption.
- Website Design | App Development | SEO Services Company UK – Astral Informatics Ltd.
- Best Quality UPVC Elbow In Aqua Excel
- Auto Parts & Accessories | Autos – Free Classified Ads Platform Dubai
- TOP CA Coaching In Bangalore.
- Rehab Programs For South Asians In Toronto
- Global High Speed Camera Market
- Boost Online Sales With SMS Marketing – SMSLANE
- Things To Do In Houston: A Guide For A Tourist In Houston
- Security Is The Top Dampener Of Public Cloud Adoption: APAC Study
- Best R Programming Training In Bangalore – Techgeest
- Category: Health